- 1Double Crust Buttery Pie Crust Recipe, already chilled (get it here)
- 2 lbs frozen, sliced peaches (about 6-7 cups thawed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Divide pie crust in two equal balls.
- Roll out the first ball and place it into a greased deep dish pie plate.
- Roll out the second ball and cut into 8 strips, long enough to reach both sides of pie plate.
- Refrigerate crusts until ready to use.
- In a large bowl add peaches and sugar.
- Toss so that peaches are coated in sugar.
- Let sit until peaches have thawed completely and sugar turns syrupy. (You can cheat and microwave if needed)
- Stir in butter. (butter will solidify if your peaches are cold. It will look speckled but that’s totally ok. It will melt in the oven)
- Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Remove pie crusts from the fridge and sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the bottom crust, pressing into the crust.
- Spoon peaches into the prepared pie crust with a slotted spoon, letting the excess syrup drip off. (leave the excess juices in the bowl, you don’t need it in your pie or it will be runny)
- Add on the lattice top crust being sure to seal the edges.
- Brush with egg whites and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then cover pie with foil, reduce heat to 350 F. and bake for another 25 minutes or until crusts are cooked through and syrup has thickened. (Juices may bubble over the pie plate so place a baking sheet or foil under the pie plate to keep your over clean. I learned this the hard way.)
- When done, remove from oven and remove foil. Let cobbler cool.
- Spoon cobbler into a bowl.
- Serve plain or with vanilla ice cream.